FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Pompano Beach, FL April 20, 2011 - Renaissance Partners' Thomas H. Hicks, Managing Partner, participated in a joint presentation of Turnaround Management Association and The Angel Forum of Florida today at Marriott Boca Raton. Titled "Environment for Entering and Exiting Angel and VC Investments." Hicks remarked that the fundamentals of business performance apply throughout the cycle, with desirable businesses having:
- Attractive market and competitive position
- Attractive key business attributes including talent
- Positive and growing cash flow
- Knowledge of the customers, suppliers and financial sources and communication objectively with them (i.e., invest in relationships)
- Technologically advanced business practices
- Excellent at strategic and financial planning and focused on execution
- Seasoned outside, independent advisors and professional
Hicks and other panel members suggested that entrepreneurs keep the capital structure simple, invest early in sound financial/reporting systems, become an accomplished spokesperson for their company and practice cash flow planning and tracking to never run out of cash.
The panel also discussed the current deal activity environment with market conditions being driven by new opportunities emerging from the economic downturn, cash on sidelines waiting to be employed and debt availability at attractive terms.
Renaissance Partners provides a full suite of financial and strategic advisory services including corporate renewal, turnaround and crisis management, performance improvement and guidance in the fund raising process for a wide range of clients throughout North America.
EXPERIENCE > VALUE, INTEGRITY, PERFORMANCE